Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What do I say to the Color Stylist? I am too easy going?

I am afraid to go to the hair salon because of a few bad experiances. Once they were so busy that the girl left me for at least 1/2 hour too long under the color lifter, when I use to dye it blond. That time it came out gray. Then, (It was very expensive doing my hair at the salon) so I did it myself for about a year and got so discussed with my hair I cut it to about 3 inches of my head. (Did a Britney Spears) It now has about 3 years growth and is long, (yes, I do get it trimmed regularly).



I use Temp Hair Color like Natural Instincts. Some of the over lap dye has made it kinda muddy or too dark in the middle of my hair and I want to take it out to dye it to a light reddish brown or blond. I wanted to try Colorfix, but, I am afraid of damaging my hair.



May be I should try Colorfix just on the lower part of my hair for less then the recommended time, to minimize damage.



Any suggestions would be appreciated.



What do I say to the Color Stylist? I am too easy going?

The best thing is to go back to a stylist specializing in color. Use word of mouth as the best referral. Stress to the stylist your bad experiences in the past and let her know your fears. As a cosmetologist, I would not recommend doing it yourself - especially color correction or touch ups as they can go horribly wrong. Your hair got too gray when hilighted and left on too long by a experienced person. Can you imagine what could happen when you attempt it yourself?



What do I say to the Color Stylist? I am too easy going?

Go to someone with a good reputation and learn to speak up for yourself if they mess up; tell them they're going to have to redo your hair until they get it where you want it.



What do I say to the Color Stylist? I am too easy going?

Let me be direct. There is a wide array of salons and the services they provide. You need to go to a better salon and spend what it takes to have your hair done well. Over processing, if that indeed happened is never acceptable. You doing your own hair is not the answer. You should set up a consultation with a good colorist and talk to them about what you desire. Also pick a time of day and day of week that is not as busy. I never have my hair done on Fri or Sat for that reason. I have a ton of hair and I have to make sure that there is enough time. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment