Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

To make a very long story short, I had hair down to nearly my butt and asked for just the split ends to be cut off (about 4 inches) and for the layers around my face to be re-done as they had grown out. The stylilst ended up giving me HUGE CHOPPY layers around my ENTIRE HEAD! Everything is all cut up minus about 30-40 hairs in the very back which only had the 4 inches taken off. I did ask once "What are you doing" and she said "Don't worry, I cut it in sections for really really long hair" I figured well, every stylist must have their own way of doing things. By the time she was done, my mother and toddler had been waiting and my son was throwing a fit by then so I was in a hurry to leave. When I got home and really saw what all she had done I was devastated. I literally cried for an hour. I'm calling back today to at least get my money back. How can I tactfully say that it's NOT what I asked for and that if it was, it is still a horrible choppy haircut and should I ask for my $



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

just explain as calmly as u can manage that the haircut isnt what u asked for and that u have a toddler which requires alot of time and energy and u prefer a blunt cut as its easier to maintain. explain to the manager (without the stylis present cuz then she may freak out and get defensive) that the haircut u received isnt what u asked for or wanted and u would like ur money back because u arent satisfied. since u will prob be going to a different salon to get it fixed (although it may end up SUPER short depending on the layers) u need that money to pay the new stylist to fix the damage...most managers will refund ur money bakc if u are truly unhappy..im sorry about ur haircut..ive been there too (hair was to my waist and it was cut to a chin length bob..i was destroyed about that!!)



when u walk in ask if there is a manager available that u can speak with privately and explain the situation..good luck



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

I also had an awful experience yesterday w/a hair salon. I am going in person to discuss the issue. I think you need to visit in person %26amp; also take a photo of what your hair looked like before. I would go to the hair stylist 1st and discus it. If she is unresponsive or unhelpful, go to the mgr. OR if you are totally upset just speak directly w/the manager. At any rate, you probably don't want the stylist trying to "fix" anything. Maybe they can give you a credit for another service. I would be surprised if they give money back.



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

Yes you should. You should ask to see the manager. The stylist is going to say you asked for layers (which you did, around your face), so you need to stand very firm. Point out how long it is going to take for your hair to grow out to the way it was.



You might also get some opinions from those you trust as to how it looks. I know you hate it, but if they think it looks okay, get your money back and leave bad enough alone. If it is really bad (as opposed to bad only compared to what you wanted), you might also push for them to "fix" it so that it at least looks good.



Good luck!!



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

Remember this ... it will grow back and don't go back to that salon. Also talk to the manager and not the stylist who did your hair.



It isn't the end of your life. I got a bad hair cut yesterday myself. Nothing was taken off the top, just the sides and now I look like Squiggy.



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

I agree with what was written below. Be honest, calm and clear about what re-dress that you want. You should definitely be refunded OR you can ask for a re-cut in 4 weeks from another stylist.



Next time, bring in a picture with you because many people think they understand what you're saying but the picture in their mind is different than the picture in your mind.



My Hair Got Butchered! What Can I Do? Tactful Way To Say I HATE It?

say this " Hello umm my hair was cut a wee bit shorter then asked and I would really like my money back and then if the say no ask for their email and show them a pic of before and after my mom did that and THEY gave her 10 more dollars and fired the stylist =]]

No comments:

Post a Comment