Thursday, July 30, 2009

Has anyone ever gotten a haircut at Paul Mitchell The School?

Paul Mitchell The School is a hair salon where you can get a cut, style, color, etc., hair, but the stylists are all students. It is pretty cheap to get your hair cut there, but top of the line products, etc are used, so I was just wondering if anyone has gotten their hair cut there, and if so, what their experience was like? (There is on in Tyson's Corner in McLean, VA, as well as locations in California, Hawaii, and elsewhere throughout the U.S.)



Has anyone ever gotten a haircut at Paul Mitchell The School?

I haven't been to a Paul Mitchell school but I have been to an Aveda School in Minneapolis. I assume that they would be somewhat in the same category. Overall my experience was good. Just make sure that you know what you want, and if you are feeling a little leery don't do anything drastic your first time. Get a feel for it first. How it worked at Aveda was once you and the student discussed what you wanted done, the instructor would be brought over and briefed and would give the student any pointers if needed. The student would then preform the job and the instructor then came back to check the work. But I advise allowing a little extra time for all that checking. I found it a lot cheaper to do all over semi permanent dyes. Also, there wasn't too much room for error once the color was decided on. Good luck!



Has anyone ever gotten a haircut at Paul Mitchell The School?

I haven't gotten a haircut at the school, but I've done a hair show for Paul Mitchell and a few of the stylists who did my hair were straight from the school or still go to the school, and of course it was an amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment