Thursday, July 30, 2009

Are all Hair Salons suppose to use sanitized brushes?

I went to an Aveda Salon the other day just for a cut..I went to a Junior Stylist since it was just a cut...when she was fixing my hair she took a brush out of her cart that already had hair on it and then she put it back in the cart. Is this normal?? My aunt is a stylist in ND and she said that she would be in deep crap with the state board if she did that but since I am in Ohio I don't know if it is different?



Are all Hair Salons suppose to use sanitized brushes?

I *think* that all stylists are required to sanitize their tools after each use. However, one could sanitize (kill all microbes) without destroying all the hair that remained on the brush, and I know for a fact there's no way I could remove *all* the hair from my hairbrush. It would be wise, though, to bring up your concern to the management at that salon, especially if this is something that could get the stylist into even deeper trouble later on down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment