Tuesday, October 6, 2009

HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it &

I used to work at my aunt's beauty college, and i think i remember that hairstylists must always clean their scissors/combs, etc. after each client or if they accidentally dropped an instrument. When i go get my hair done, i dont think that rule is always in play. Even if the brush comes out of a "sanitized" drawer, how do i know if it really is? What is a nice way of telling the hairstylist i don't trust that brush! I've had my hair cut at alot of different places (unfortunatley, i haven't found a favorite stylist yet), hoity-toity hair salons that charge and arm and leg, walk-in salons, and even at the mall. Wouldn't the stylist be in some deep doo-doo with the state board if they're not being clean?



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

Usually. If I drop a comb, I don't pick it up, I grab a clean one out of the drawer. Brushes get the loose hair removed and sprayed with disinfectant. All combs, color brushes, clips, etc get washed, soaked in soapy water, then in barbicide solution after use. The only thing I don't always santitize is my scissors. Because they are metal and non-porus and don't come in direct contact with skin, it can be done less often. I will tell you, though, that the salon I work in is VERY clean. Cleaner than any other I have worked in or visited. Everything is sanitized and we have a cleaning crew clean every morning before we open.



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

I dropped it in pube hair and combed my mustash with it after I ate rosie o donnel



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

yes always its completely disgusting if any stylist doesn't not to mention unsanitary!!



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

hey i understand completely....if you're not sure...just politely ask for them to sanitize the instruments...!!!!!!=)



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

No!



HAIRSTYLISTS: Be Honest...Do you always sanitize your instruments after you've dropped it %26amp;/or after a client?

Not all the time, 95% though. I'm being honest, I see all the salons do this that i've worked at.

No comments:

Post a Comment