Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

Hi,



I am a 47 year old male. I have lots and lots of gray which I HATE and started coloring it recently to a dark brown (my natural color).



The stylist tried Ash originally and my hair had a slight green tint to it. Then she tried a Neutral Base and it has a slight RED tint to it.



She even tried putting some of that stuff that is supposed to cut the red and it didn't help.



It is driving me NUTS!



After all these years of creating hair color, WHY CAN'T ANYONE MAKE SOMETHING THAT IS JUST BROWN?



Any ideas on how to cut this RED out? It makes the color look FAKE to have that redness to it and it doesn't match my skin tone at all :(



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

maybe you are going ginger sucka



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

red is the hardest coulour to get out of hair you will have to let it grow out or cut it out. do not try to cleanse the hair or you will get colour lock and no colour will go over it. if you want just a normal brown in ireland we would use 5.0 its a deep light brown with no added tones but until the red has grown out you will still see it



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

well for 1) if it was a professional i hope you didn't pay for it and 2) while you were there you should have asked for another person. Grey can be tricky and avoid ash. The best solution for best results, go to another place to have it corrected. There are salons that specialize in color correction. Just research. This isn't always the case but usually what you pay for is what you get when going to a salon. Not always though. Just find someone you like and stick with that person. Good luck in getting the red out.



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

oh my, that's terrible. I would dye it a dark brown and eventually it will lighten up in 2 weeks. I agree red is terrible esp. with hard to get out. U should have the stylist fix it and don't pay a dime more! good luck



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

There is some sort of shampoo out there for that. It is either called purple or is purple. It works. My friends uses it to keep the red out of her hair. She is a natural red head and keeps it blondish brown.



Can't get RED out of my colored brown hair :(?

First of all, find a new stylist. She doesn't know what she is doing. Go to a good salon (not a chop shop like supercuts or hair cuttery..those people usually don't know how to do color). They need to use a semi or demi-perm color on you. A good stylist will know what to mix to cut the red.



At home, the only thing I could suggest is to try a "blue" shampoo to help cut the red. They sell this for grey and blond hair to cut the brassy hue. Shimmering Lights is sold in most stores. ***But this will likely not be strong enough to truly cut the red, but it might help a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment