Saturday, August 1, 2009

My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, a

Any suggestions from stylist or colourists out there? My hair naturally lifts to golden but I don't like it so my stylist puts a toner to neutralize the gold but it has only lasted about 5 days %26amp; it was a permanent colour that she used. I was wondering if I were to just bleach it again %26amp; remove all the colour from the hair, would this work? My hair is pretty strong %26amp; in great condition. I think it can withstand one more round of bleach without causing too much damage. I have even been using a blue/purple shampoo called Shimmer lights to help boost the toner %26amp; cut the gold. I was considering using a violet based colour rather than a neutral as a toner but it kind of scares my that I may turn my hair violet!



No matter who colours my hair, I end up w/ the same problem- it goes gold. I need some help please. I have an aesthetician's license so I am able to purchase all professional hair colouring products.



My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, any suggestions

I think from the sounds of it your best bet at this point would be to do a really heave highlight, and get those pieces as light as you can. It will cause a lot less damage to your hair than bleaching your whole head. The lighter pieces will blend out the gold pieces if there is enough highlights.



If you don't want to go that route shades eq by redken has a toner called platinum ice. If you decide to try this product make sure you get the shades eq developer if you don't the toner wont work and make sure you watch it very,very,very close if left on to long or put on to light of hair it will turn it grey.



My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, any suggestions

PURPLE SHAMPOO!



My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, any suggestions

Um maybe you aren't leaving the toner on long enough. You should leave it on at least 30 min. like normal permanent color that way it has a chance to deposit into the cortex. Some stylist just put it on and rinse it out 5 min later because it takes on most people enough that its not golden. Also shimmering lights removes golden tones you were right but it could have ruined the toner you put on it. thus making it fade faster and go back to the tone under it. You don't want to bleach it again because it will just come out the same. A toner is your best be all around, you may be picking a color for your toner that is still in the golden family so it can't really mask any golden tones. Good luck. Hope I helped some.



My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, any suggestions

Your stylist is probably using a high lift tint, instead of a decolorizer on your hair...The problem is that the tint is not strong enough to lift you past that orange stage, and the toner is not dark enough to cover the "brassy "color.



You need to do a full scalp bleach, to get it light enough, or highlight the top to get it light enough,,,,,this is a common problem with blonds...



I recommend that you keep your hair a little darker (for contrast) and highlight to the desired level of blond.



My hair is bleached platinum, but the toner to keep it from being gold won't stay on my hair, any suggestions

Try using Shimmer Lights by Clariol, it's a Shampoo in a purple bottle and the colour of the shampoo is purple this should help tone the gold in your hair( just use it each time you feel you want to tone down the gold)Or you could get your hair bleached out so it's whiter(leave bleach on a little longer) and takes most of the gold out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this interview! How can you complain about anything when the information presented to you is Straight from the source? Plus, it's always good to hear what the Actual company or spokesperson has to say on the matter. Whether a famous person is being interviewed or anybody else, its just as exciting as being the first to know the gossip! :) This time its no 'who is right? who is wrong?' Because you can never be wrong when you get the information right from the source!
    Brother 2700cn

    ReplyDelete